DETROIT (November 8, 2019) – The Michigan Israel Business Accelerator, in partnership with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s PlanetM program and the Israeli Economic Mission, announces the successful visit of 11 mobility-focused technology start-up companies from Israel to key mobility sites in Southeast Michigan, to learn about business growth opportunities in Michigan in the mobility industry.
During November 4th, the delegation toured the American Center for Mobility (ACM) in Ypsilanti Township, and met with Ford Motor Company technology leaders to discuss the global innovation landscape. On November 5th, the delegation participated in matchmaking sessions with Michigan-based mobility companies at the Detroit Regional Chamber’s headquarters.
“As a center of tech innovation and start-up culture, Israel represents a tremendous opportunity for Michigan companies to get to know, as they look to the future,” said Scott Hiipakka, CEO of the Michigan Israel Business Accelerator. “The delegation of companies recognizes and appreciates Michigan’s innovation ecosystem and firmly believes that there are opportunities for collaboration and partnerships.”
The delegation included representatives from:
- Adadsky – Far infrared sensing solution for autonomous vehicles
- Alango – Advanced processing technologies for voice and audio
- Aurora Labs – Self-healing software for connected cars
- BWR – Drove and autonomous cars testing
- C2A – Cybersecurity solutions for the automotive industry
- ContinUse Biometrics – Remote contactless biometric sensor
- Cybellum – Cybersecurity risk assessment for automotive companies
- EVchip – Battery control system
- Fleetonomy – AI-based optimization solutions for fleets for autonomous vehicles
- HI Auto – Speech enhancement
- Jungo – In-case computer vision for drivers and passengers
- MDGO – Car accident analysis system
- Ottopia – Teleoperation platform
“This visit will help continue to build on new relationships and stronger business bonds between Michigan and Israel,” added Hiipakka.
The Michigan Israel Business Accelerator (MIBA) supports the growth of bilateral Michigan-Israeli economic and business relationships. MIBA serves to accelerate Michigan’s innovation ecosystem, one Israeli connection at a time in order to position Michigan as the premier partner for Israeli innovation.